Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dragonball the Movie

So for all you DBZ fans out there, if you didn't know already, they are making a live action film based around the events of goku as a youngin and when Piccolo was the quintessential evil badass. I was skeptical about this on hearing of it. Is the transfer from anime to live action really possible and for the end result to not totally suck?

Then I saw that Justin Chatwin (that BITCHY fuckin teenager from War of the Worlds) was casted to play Goku and saw the hairstyle they were planning to use for him.

I lost all confidence.

And add on top of that, that the whole thing was getting uncontrollably cheesy. For example, Piccolo (James Marsters) supposedly has little "minions" that look like the puddys from Power Rangers.


Things were not looking too good for a Dragonball live action movie...

But then I had Saltis talk to me about it, and trust me, there is no more knowledgeable person on the subject of movies OR Dragonball Z, and he got me thinking that there is still some hope. He basically used his Saltis ways on me and convinced me.

So I have to say, I'm a LITTLE excited about it. The style does look kinda cool. One thing I'm afaid of is that it will have to much stupid Japanese humor that would usually fly in an anime but on the big screen I think would bomb.

So in conclusion I decided that hey, if it's a turd, it's a turd. If it's great then all us DBZ homos will have something to fag all over for a great long while.

No comments: